Pet Dental Care & Teeth Cleaning in Shreveport, LA
Having a clean, healthy mouth could potentially add years to your pet’s life, and make their golden years much more comfortable! At UVH, we know just how vital pet dental care is to the health and wellbeing of our patients, which is why we offer a range of dental services, including advanced dental care, to help your canine or feline family member. We offer options to diagnose possible oral health issues, and we can provide comprehensive, tailored treatment to successfully prevent those issues well into the future.
Schedule a consultation with us so we can formulate a dental plan suited to your pet’s unique needs!
Signs of Poor Oral Health in Dogs and Cats
Pets are often stubborn about showing signs of pain or weakness, and this also applies to poor oral health. You may not notice a problem until it has progressed to a more advanced stage.
Below are some of the most common telltale signs of dental disease in pets:
- Persistent bad breath
- Loss of appetite
- Red, inflamed gums (gums may also bleed)
- Pawing at the mouth
- Difficulty eating or chewing
- Plaque/tartar buildup along the gum line
Our Pet Teeth Cleaning Services
To treat any existing oral problems and prevent the development of dental disease, we offer the following dental services:
- Thorough oral/dental exams performed under anesthesia to check above and below the gum line for problems
- Full-mouth digital dental X-rays to check for abscesses, bone loss, fractures, and more
- Teeth cleaning to remove all traces of plaque and tartar from the crown and root of each tooth
- Polishing of the teeth and fluoride treatment to discourage future plaque accumulation
- Periodontal surgery if needed, along with tooth restoration, etc.