Minimally Invasive Cat and Dog Spays, Neuters, and More in Shreveport, LA
University Veterinary Hospital can perform routine cat and dog spays and neuters and other surgeries in Shreveport, LA using a minimally invasive technique known as laparoscopy. Laparoscopic surgeries involve making smaller incisions, which results in less pain and bleeding, less stress, and quicker healing for our patients.
If you are interested in a minimally invasive spay or neuter for your pet, request an appointment with us today.
How We Perform Laparoscopic Surgeries
Our surgeons take a more intricate approach when performing minimally invasive cat and dog spays, neuters, and other surgeries.
This approach involves:
- Making one or a few small, keyhole-sized incisions instead of one large incision
- Using a camera attached to a fiberoptic cable and light source to guide our surgical team in performing the surgery
- In-depth monitoring equipment to keep an eye on your pet’s vital signs
- Multimodal anesthesia protocols for optimal safety
- The use of intraoperative systemic and localized pain control to minimize discomfort
What to Expect from Your Pet’s Minimally Invasive Surgery
If your dog or cat will be seeing us for a laparoscopic procedure, they will receive a complimentary overnight stay prior to their surgery. They will be discharged from our hospital on the same day of their surgery, thanks to their shortened time under anesthesia and increased comfort from our thorough pain control protocols. We will monitor your pet carefully after their surgery to make sure they wake up comfortably and safely, before clearing them to return home with you.